This article will explain how to optimize the writing of your articles so that they are optimized for SEO. The 10 tips will certainly be useful to you and will allow you to improve the quality of your articles and to better position them on Google.
Whether you are an SEO web writer or a Webmaster, you must have dreamed of writing the perfect article one day, the one that will be ranked “position 0” on Google and that will strengthen your notoriety.
While there is no such thing as perfect writing, here are some food for thought and advice that will help you write an article that is fully SEO optimized.
- It has a short url
- It contains your target keywords and phrases
- This article covers the subject comprehensively
- It has an introductory paragraph answering the problem
- It has a title evoking exactly the subject of the article
- It is 1400 words long
- The article is easy to read and well structured with titles and tags
- It’s easy to comment and share
- It contains visual aids
- . He cites his sources and refers to quality sites
1. It has a short URL
Preferred a url structured as https://domaine.com/sujet-article to a longer or complex URL such as https://domain.com/category/sujet-de-larticle-detaill-et-en-plusieurs-mots.
Overall, make it easy for search engine bots and they’ll do it right.
Be careful, if you come back to old articles and want to change their URLs, be careful of the broken links that this will cause. It will take some work to restore them, the game is not really worth the effort in my opinion.
2. It contains your target keywords and phrases
Before writing an SEO optimized article, you must first target your keywords.
If you have a site that does not have a very high Domain Rank and you write on the subject of SEO for example, you will have to hang in there to position yourself in the top 5 on words with strong competition.
Therefore, favor strategic keywords at the semantic level but which have a low competition rate, even if the associated search volume is low or average.
Here the competition is 0.04 and the number of results low, if your article is good you will have a better chance of ranking in the TOP 5 than on very competitive keywords.
On the other hand, if you are armed to fight against the big ones, favor a keyword with a high volume of visits and a high CPC (high CPC = high conversion rate).
Choose your key words and phrases carefully before writing.
3. This article covers the topic exhaustively
What will interest your visitors is technical expertise, precise and complete content, which will fully answer their questions or their problems. Don’t be too dispersed to cover a lot of different topics in the same article.
Treat the topic that revolves around your keywords by exploring as many angles as possible and using synonyms.
– The Internet user who has arrived on your site will stay connected longer on it because he will read the articles for longer, this will send positive signals to Google in terms of time spent per session.
– The visitor will have access in your article to all the information allowing him to answer his question. This will avoid Pogosticking and will also appeal to google.
4. It has an introductory paragraph responding to the problem
A maximum of 100 is required to introduce the subject or succinctly answer a question. This paragraph will allow you to hook the reader or even to satisfy him without having to spend too much time reading. This paragraph should contain the most important links (internal or external) of your article. This will send “juice” to your important or converting pages.
– Lower bounce rate because the user will know exactly that he is on an article actually answering his question.
– Less Pogosticking
5. It has a title evoking exactly the subject of the article
When the google client clicks on a search result, it is because the title will seem to answer their problem. Making eye-catching headlines will allow you to bring in visitors and making the content of the article exactly match this will keep you going.
To have good titles I advise you:
– To have a title of 10 to 12 words
– Your title is a question or one which contains numerical elements (top 5, the 10 best…)
– To insert emotional words (which will move you …)
– More CTR (because title that will attract the visitor from Google)
– Less Pogosticking
– Less rebound
6. It is between 1400 words to 1500 words long
According to the Backlinko study the article which “Rank” the best on Google is 1447 words. This makes it possible to deal with a subject in an exhaustive manner, which is in any case what search engines think.
Well, we’re not going to hide it, it’s long! This type of article requires a lot of work, but as they say: “it is the price of glory”.
– Complete content will make the user spend more time on your site
7. The article is easy to read and well structured with titles and tags
Like what you did in school an SEO optimized web article, is a well structured article. If a human reads and understands it easily then a robot must be able to do that too.
– Article title> h1 tag
– Introductory paragraph
– Subtitle tag> h2
– Content of the sub-section
– h2 tag subtitle
8. It’s easy to comment and share
If you want an article to be successful in terms of SEO, you have to send it “juice”, in other words create backlinks to it to generate flow and increase its PageRank.
To do this you need to distribute your article widely and make it go viral. It must be easily “shareable” and “commentable”.
If you use WordPress you can use Social Warfare a great plugin.
– More traffic
– More backlinks
9. It contains visual aids
The preferred contents of Internet users are visual. So insert content that will catch the eye and require less interpretation effort from your audience.
Infographic on web writing by SEO & CO
Visuals are essential to illustrate your point and make the reading experience better for your visitors.
Don’t forget to optimize your media by:
– Optimizing the YouTube SEO of your Videos
– Filling in the ALT attributes of your image tags
– Putting a link to your site in your infographic
– More time spent on your site
– No more appearing in various search results like images or videos
10. He cites his sources and refers to quality sites
In these scrambled times we above all need reliability in the information we read. The multiplication of sources and the development of fakes news obliges us (fortunately) to be very vigilant as to the credibility of the source of information.
The same goes for Google which has just added the EAT criteria in its Algorithms in order to guarantee in the future that the reliability of the referenced information.
You must therefore provide a good number of links (less than 100) external in your article, but directing to reliable and quality sources.
And here are already 10 tips that will allow you to write SEO friendly articles, of course there are other rules to follow such as the page loading speed, the density of keywords and synonyms, the readability index of your article …